Ready to facilitate some engaging conversations about life? Here’s a great list of questions to help get you started.
Questions on the lighter side
- What is your favorite game?
- What is your favorite school subject?
- Which day of the week do you like the best? Why?
- What do you most enjoy doing when you have an hour of free time?
- If time and money were no object, how would you spend your time?
- If you could work in any position at an airport, what job would you pick? Why do you think this is?
- What were you doing at the age of twelve that you were good at and enjoyed? Are there any similarities to your current enjoyable activities?
- What makes you smile? (Activities, people, events, hobbies, projects, etc.)
Questions about the family and home life
- What is your favorite room in the house? Why?
- What do you like to do most as a family?
- Which are two of your favorite memories?
Questions about the parent/child relationship
- If you could change anything about me as your parent, what would you change?
- What embarrasses you the most about our family?
- Is there anything that you want to tell me, but haven’t felt comfortable discussing because you haven’t known how I would respond?
- Do you have a clear conscience? If there was something in the way, would you feel free enough to tell me about it?
- Have you been exposed to pornography, drugs, or occult activity?
- Do you have trouble with thoughts about the opposite gender?
- If you wanted a system of accountability, would you feel free to ask me?
- Do you feel that we have an open communication policy where we can talk about anything and everything?
Questions about influencers
- Who inspires you most? (Anyone you know or do not know. Family, friends, authors, artists, leaders, etc.) Which qualities inspire you, in each person?
- What are the different books on your personal bookshelf? Which one is your favorite book?
- Who are some of your heroes?
- Who is your best friend?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is your favorite movie? Why? Who was your favorite character?
Questions about a Christian’s life and view of God
- What is your favorite Bible story?
- Do you have a life verse or has God ever spoken to you through His Word?
- When were you saved?
- Have you totally dedicated your life and body to the Lord? When?
- Would you say that God has your whole heart or have you given pieces away?
- What is your biggest fear? (people, failure, the future, the dark, ridicule, rejection, etc.)
- Do you feel that the standards in the Christian life are too strict?
- Have you been ridiculed by others for your standards or obedience to what you believe?
- What disappointments have you had in your life? Which of these has been the biggest disappointment?
- What were some challenges, difficulties and hardships you’ve overcome or are in the process of overcoming? How did you do it?
- What makes you feel the most loved? (When people say encouraging words to you? When they do something to serve you? When people spend time with you? When people pat you on the back, hug you, etc.? When someone gives you a gift?)
- What would you change about yourself if it were possible?
- Can you tell me of a time when God was most real to you or when you felt His presence?
Questions concerning strengths and weaknesses
- What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, gifts etc.)
- What is your spiritual gift? (For example: Server, Prophet, Teacher, Exhorter, Organizer, Mercy, Giver.)
- What do you most enjoy learning about?
- What qualities have other people praised you for?
- What are two of the hardest things you’ve done in your life?
- What areas do people typically ask you for help in? (list areas of expertise)
Questions about future dreams
- What skills would you like to learn?
- If you could fix one problem in the world, what would it be?
- What do you want to look back on and see that God did through your life?
- Is there anything that you know God is calling you to do?
- What do you believe is God’s purpose for your life?
- What do you think God is preparing you for in the future?
- What dreams would you love to see become reality?
- What’s missing in your life?
- Has God given you any hopes or dreams for what you might do with your life? What are they?
- Is there anywhere in the world that you would like to go? Where? Why?
Questions about Message, Medium, and Audience
- If you could get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?
- Do you have a favorite sermon, message or speech? Are there similarities to your own personal message?
- What or who frustrates you? What things make you sad? What really gets your blood boiling?
- Do you see a need in society that no one is doing anything about? What is it? Tell me why it is important that this need is met.
- What activities make you lose track of time?
- If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
- If you could get a message across to a large group of people, what method might you use?
- What motivates you or makes you want to work harder on something? How do you typically respond?
- What method might you use to earn a hearing with your audience or earn the right to be heard?
- How will you deliver your message?
- If you could get a message across to a large group of people, who would those people be?
- Where might you find this group of people? What are the needs beneath the surface?
- If you went to an event where you didn’t know anyone, who would you naturally gravitate toward? What might you discuss and what would be the results of the evening?
- If you had one hour to spend with anyone in the world, who would this be? Why do you think this is?